Extruded Nylon Rod - Plas-Tech Inc.
Nylon 66 is an extruded general purpose nylon (Polyamide 66). Nylon is one of the original engineering plastics and is still today the material of choice for many bearing and wear applications. Due to its unique combination of physical properties such as toughness, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance and light weight, Nylon 66 is regularly machined into parts to replace bronze, brass, steel and aluminum.
- Good abrasion and wear resistance
- Continuous use temperature of 220°F
- Very easy to fabricate
- Outstanding chemical resistance to alkalies and oxidizing agents
- High strength and stiffness at elevated temperatures
- Light weight (approx. 1/8 vs. bronze)
- Good impact strength at low temperature
- Natural is FDA and USDA